Tuesday, September 8, 2009

You Version Review

I recently started using a web based bible study called YouVersion.  Though I do not like the name that well (YouVersion would seem to imply that this is "my version" of the Bible") I do like the website itself.  Basically the website provides a place for you to record your notes while you are studying the Bible, and you can see the notes of others as well.  So far it has been a great tool.  I foresee the ability to go back and look at my notes when I use a particular verse in a sermon or Bible study. 

The draw back is, anyone can contribute.  We live in an age where if we see something in writing we will pretty much believe it.  YouVersion is not for the person who is doing Bible study/reading and they want to see what others have to say about it.  Why do I say this?  Because, humans are fallible.  You can find just about anything there.  I recommend YouVersion to those who want a place to record their personal notes and thoughts while studying the Bible (you will not find commentaries or other Bible study tools there).  I recommend YouVersion if you know of a particular person or pastor whom you respect and would like to see what they get from Scripture when they study.  I don't not recommend it for a person who just wants to use it as a Bible study resource.  If you are looking for Bible study resources talk to your pastor or a mature Christian you respect.

With that said.  If you want to follow me on YouVersion just point your browser to www.youversion.com/users/ythpstr1.  I will probably not be posting SOAP studies anymore as YouVersion will be the place I write my notes when studying Scripture.  Please follow me, that is if you respect me as a Christian leader!  ;^)

No comments: