Tuesday, September 15, 2009

It's Really Bugging Me!!

I don't know why, but it's really bugging me!!  Not that I am really interested in the music put out by Taylor Swift or Kanye West.  In fact I wouldn't have even known that this happened if it hadn't of been for my wife.  It is really, really, REALLY bugging me!!!!!

Oh, some of you know what I am talking about, but others may not so here is a clip from the Music Video Awards.

Kanye West 2009 MTV Outburst,Disrepects and interupts Taylor Swift

What the heck!!!!  I mean, this leaves me speechless.  I don't even know what to type as I continue to mull this over in my mind.  The audacity of Kanye to think that he even had the right to step forward as Taylor speaks, interrupt her and steal the a wonderful moment from her.  When he hands the mic back her face says it all.

Unfortunately I think this reflects the attitude that many have in our society.  It's an all about me society.  I have the right to do whatever I want. 

Two admirable things came out of this though.  First off, Kanye was scheduled to perform.  MTV quickly responded to his disruption by not allowing him to perform.  Though I don't hold a great deal of respect for MTV I will say this was a very admirable action.  I also have to give kudos to Beyonce who gave Taylor the opportunity to finish her speech.  I think that was pretty admirable of Beyonce.

Lesson to be learned.  Think before you act and respond to situations in the right way.

It's just so darn irritating to see something like this. 

No comments: