Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Purpose Driven Life - Made to Last Forever

Quotes that stuck out are:

"You have an inborn instinct that longs for immortality. This is because God designed you, in his image, to live for eternity."

"The Bible calls your earthly body a 'tent,' but refers to your future body as a 'house.'" (2 Cor. 5:1)

"When you fully comprehend that there is more to life than just here and now, and you realize that life is just preparation for eternity, you will begin to live differently. you will start living in light of eternity, and that will color how you handle every relationship, task, and circumstance. Suddenly many activities, goals, and even problems that seemed so important will appear trivial, petty, and unworthy of your attention. The closer you life to God, the smaller everything else appears."

"To make the most of your life, you must keep the vision of eternity continually in your mind and the value of it in your heart."

Today's Point to Ponder is "There is more to life than just her and now."

Today's Verse to Remember is "This world is fading away, along with everything it craves. But if you do the will of God, you will live forever." 1 John 2:17 (NLT)

Today's Question to Consider is "Since I was made to last forever, what is the one thing I should stop doing and the one thing I should start doing today?"

How about quit focusing on myself, my desires...what gratifies me, and focus on God, his desires and what gratifies him. For instance. I could make sure that my work is done, and done to the best of my ability, before I watch a TV show.

Father, I am a very selfish person seeking my own pleasure before anything else. Please help me to change my focus and seek to please you before anything else.


No comments: