Monday, November 10, 2008

Upcoming Bible Studies

Surprise!! I know, I know. It has been quite awhile since I posted. I thought no one cared until I begin to hear that Suzy was missing my blogs. Thanks Suzy for keeping me accountable!!

I really enjoy blogging my personal Bible study. It helps me be faithful in doing it. A few ideas came to me about what my Bible study could be about. We are told to obey Jesus, but how many of us really know the full extent of Jesus' commands? We are told that our greatest purpose is to be like Jesus, but how many of us really know what Jesus was like? As a result of these questions I have decided to do an in depth Bible study on Jesus' commands and what Jesus was like. I am anticipating both of these taking quite a bit of time. I would also like to do a study on the power of Satan. Just how much power does this guy have and what are his limitations? That one won't come for quite a while.

So sit back and get ready to go on a journey with me through the Gospels discovering everything that Jesus has commanded us to do. My prayer is that God will convict us concerning these things and help us to fully obey Jesus. Why? Jesus said "If you love me you will obey my commands." I love him and therefore I want to obey him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark and I both wondered why you had stalled out on posting blogs! We jokingly wondered if you were WAITING for someone to say something to see who was actually reading your blogs. Well, we do! And, we're glad you're back to it. :) Lynette

Anonymous said...

SO glad to see you're blogging again! Yet another blessing....:) Suzy